Ok, I have encountered several bloggers lately who like to write about the greatness of “Femme Invisibility” – but who also complain about it at times as well – like when I don’t “notice” you in town, and walk right on by while staring at the obviously straight chick walking next to you.
So here are my reasons for loving my “Visibility” as a Butch.
1. I never have had to hide. My masculinity is palpable and I am happy and contented being seen as Butch.
2. I can check out women whenever I like, no one thinks it’s wrong for me to do…and if they do they don’t dare say anything for fear of me telling them to shut the fuck up – or slap them upside the head.
3. I can look menacing. I walk with authority and am proud of who I am. This scares some; entices others. And since everyone understands I am Butch, there’s not a lot of excess explaining that I am definitely Lesbian, and no mistaking I am a top.
4. I can flirt with the Best Buy clerk, who is obviously blushing, and be as Butch as I wanna be, winking as I walk off with her phone number neatly tucked in my pocket. And you thought she was straight! (so did she!)
5. I can swing a hammer, flip a drill, and manhandle a chainsaw with the best of the guys, I never have to ask for help. The feeling of dropping trees is akin to dropping you to your knees, to me
6. I can also DRIVE ANYTHING with an engine and a way to steer…braking optional. I can also ride it, if necessary.
7. Clutches do not scare me. They are needed for speed and rhythm.
8. I can shop for a reasonable price. Men’s clothing is not as over-priced, or itchy, lacy or uncomfortable for me as women’s clothing is, and I look damned good in a tie, or I can rock my jeans and boots in total comfort.
9. Sensible shoes…i.e. boots, are much more comfortable than 5″ stiletto heels. Plus you can RUN in them, stomp bugs, kick ass and take names.
10. Pockets. Need I say more?
11. The way I see Femmes check out my package when I am packing. It’s obvious ladies.
12. One of the best Butch things is the way it feels watching her watching me, when she thinks I am not even aware.
13. I love the way a woman feels in my hands, the way she smells, her morning smile, alluring eyes,and the way she dresses just for me…THAT makes me damned proud to be one very, very Visible Butch!
14. Hot wax…
My next blog will be the things that make me uncomfortable about being visible…while I try not to think of those very much, I am sure that there are a few that all of us, as Butches, can share in that department. Peace.